Monday, May 4, 2009

recent news

So I think I got confused. May 2nd isn't a holiday, so I don't know when there "july 4th" is for them. I'm thinking it could be April 25th like I thought.

This past weekend (friday-saturday) I had a lot of fun. I slept over a friend's house. We played AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!! My friend knows some missionaries (who are American), so we got some friends together and the missionaries and played some football. Of course the Americans crushed the others, but it was a lot of fun. Then we moved to basketball, where the Americans crushed the other AGAIN. I think its just in our blood. lol.

Then yesterday, Sunday, there was the 16th Bavisela in Trieste. It is a marathon from Gradisca to Trieste which is competitive, then there is the non-competitive which is from Miramare to Trieste center (about 8km, which is 5 miles) which about 50 of us from AFS did. All the other people had a pink t-shirt on (which we got) but we wanted to represent AFS, so we are wore a bright yellow AFS t-shirt and handed out AFS flyers. it was fun.

i think thats it for now,

ciao for now,
heather

No comments: