Friday, March 13, 2009

interagation...

Instead of last week I was interagated today. Basically the teacher asked me questions of the chapter we were working on (Unit 9, learning about apartments and that stuff.. along with a verb tense of the past, 1 of the many). Of course, I am always the lucky one so I got to do the interagation all by myslef (usually there are atleast 2 or 3 students at the same time). So, I'm sitting in my seat, the whole class looking at me and it begins. (The person who sits next to me, Elisabetta, when she is interagated she usually rubs her hands together really hard and I always think she's going to rub them raw, because of the nerves). I preferred using a pen to help me get through my nerves, I think I heard a crack in the pen cause I was bending it so hard. So, the teacher asked the first question, "Give me a summary of the dialogue". I am glad I studied that last night, cause I couldn't look at the text. I was able to give a pretty good summary. Then the teacher said, "Tell me what you've done this morning". Again, I was able to actually remember what I did this morning through the nerves and say it. Then, the teacher asked me to translate some sentences from Italian to Spanish and I could do it!! You have to know that all of the questions were asked in Spanish and I responded to all of them in Spanish. The class itself is only is mainly in Spanish with some Italian (no English!!). So, after all of that, the teacher asked the class how they think I did (like they usually do). The class was looking at me in disbelief and amazement, cause in the end I did better than about 3/4 the class. I ended up getting a 9 out of 10!!!! Which is considered really good in Italy. My nerves were so high, that tears came to my eyes when I realized I was done and how well I did. So, that is my first every interagation...

I leave for Munich, Germany this Sunday at 6am. An 8 hour bus ride. Looking forward to it!!

Ciao for now,
Heather

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am SO proud of you Heather. You are a wonderful person who deserves ALL these good things that keep happening to you. I Love you! ~Mom