Thursday, March 5, 2009

jan, feb, beg. of march

Hey,

So, the 24th of February was a holiday, no school!! It was Fat Tuesday, and the ending of "Carnevale" here in Italy. For Carnevale, people dress up like we do for Halloween. One of the most famous places for Carnevale is Venice, and I had the pleasure of going there for a day! It was really beautiful and interesting. The masks they wore were very creative and it was amazing how people went all out for Carnevale!

Since the end of January, I have been taking piano lessons once a week for one hour. So, I finally get to learn the piano!! which is really cool!!

I am in the process of asking and finding a place to do Track and Field. I have found a place, and now I'm waiting to see if I can play.

School is the same, boring just like school in USA but 6 days instead of 5. Oh the joy of going to school on Saturday. You really haven't lived until you've gone to school on Saturday and only having a 1-day weekend.

In 10 days, I am going to Munich, Germany with my class for one week!!! I'm really excited for that and I can't wait. The only thing is I don't really know German, but I am learning in school.

I actually look forward to Italian classes now, because I have some friends from Cuba, Romania, Russia, Bosnia (in english i dont know, ive forgotten a little english), Argentina, some from Africa, and more.

I have started reading the Twilight saga, i know, i know.. what could i have been thinking... I just wanted something to read. hahaha

Next week, I have an interagation of Spanish... ugh... (In Italy, they use regular tests and interagations, which are when the teacher questions to a few students for usually the whole period about the subject they've been doing). This will be my first interagation and I'm really nervous, because a lot of the interagations that i've seen have ended up with the student crying.. and i'm not looking forward to it. Why couldn't I be interagated in math or english or something that i'm good at... oh well.

Some of my favorite Italian songs are:
-I Believe
-Io e Te
-Salvami
-La Forza Mia
-Ti scatterò una foto
-Come in ogni ora

That seems to be all I can think of for now... hopefully i'll remember to write again soon. its almost the 6th month mark (in 2 days)!!

ciao for now,
Heather

No comments: